With cooler weather on the way, heater inspections are coming up. This season, homeowners should consider upgrading their HVAC system by installing a heat pump! You’ve probably heard the term tossed out, but what makes them stand out in the crowd of heating options?
Skelton’s Heating and Cooling is here to guide homeowners on the right path for their home’s heating options! The versatility, ease and efficiency of a heat pump can make it the perfect option for Birmingham homeowners. Just read through our guide to this standout heating system and find out if it’s right for you.
How Does A Heat Pump Work?
There are plenty of benefits to owning a heat pump, but the major factor is how they warm and cool your home. That’s right, they do it all! Heat pumps work by transferring heat energy from one place to another. Even cool air has heat energy, so it can work at any temperature.
In the summer, the pump will work just like a standard air conditioner. It will pull the heat and humidity from the air inside of your home, cool the air and re-circulate it into your house. After that, it will release the heat outside, and the cycle will start again.
In the winter, the system works with the same cycle in reverse! The unit will pull heat energy from the outdoor air and use it to warm your home.
Plus, they come in both split-system and ductless units, so they can work with any pre-existing ductwork in your home.
Heat Pumps Vs. Other Heating Options
There are a lot of benefits to heat pumps over furnaces or boilers, and many of them stem from their dual-purpose design. There are plenty of heating options to choose from, so let’s go over a few of the most common and see how they stack up against our chosen system.
- Combustion fuels furnaces. They typically burn propane or another natural gas to generate heat.
- Their largest risks are fires, carbon monoxide poisoning and breathing irritation.
- Furnaces are more costly to operate, so you may face higher utility bills.
- They work well in colder climates, and they’re fairly inexpensive to install.
- Boilers work through combustion. They ignite natural gas to heat water, which is then piped through the house to warm the home.
- They cost more to install because of the required piping.
- This system might cause water leaks in the home.
- Boilers are pretty easy to maintain, and they’re silent.
- These units don’t rely on combustion.
- They’re extra safe since there is no risk of a combustion fire or carbon monoxide leak.
- Heat pump systems can work in any home.
- They heat and cool your home, meaning that they require less maintenance.
- Their energy efficiency makes them cost much less to run.
There are advantages and disadvantages to any heating system, but for Birmingham homeowners, heat pumps are a great option!
Thanks to their dual-system design, they’ll keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Plus, their safe and versatile design makes them perfect for any home. And the system does all of this while lowering your energy bill! Look through your options and upgrade your home today.
Premier Birmingham Heater Replacement Services
Is it time to upgrade your home’s heating system? Skelton’s Heating and Cooling has you covered! With our professional heater installation services, your home will be kept at the perfect temperature, even in cool weather.
Call us today and schedule your heat pump installation appointment!